Volkswagen India launches Tiguan Allspace
vehicle is equipped with a power-mill of 2.0l TSI engine mated to a 7-speed DSG 4MOTION transmission.
Early this year, Volkswagen India announced ‘Four SUVs for the Indian market in the next two years’. Staying true to its commitment, the brand today launches the globally acclaimed Tiguan Allspace for the Indian market.
It’s ergonomic design, roomy interiors, safety features and exceptional build quality makes it an ideal choice for customers. The seven seater premium, carline is available with a power-mill of 2.0l TSI engine mated to a 7-speed DSG 4MOTION transmission. Delivering a peak power of 190PS@4200 rpm and a torque of 320Nm@1500-4100rpm (as per EU specifications) while being fuel efficient.
The long-wheelbase (2,787 mm) of the Tiguan Allspace creates immense flexibility for the occupants, making it a true space giant. It offers extra knee room for rear passengers and plenty of cargo space. With all the seven seats occupied, the car provides a luggage compartment volume of 340 litres that can be extended up to 1,274 litres.
Speaking on the launch, Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India, “The Tiguan Allspace is one of our most successful carlines globally and we’re extremely delighted to launch the car for our Indian customers. It is the first SUV that is being launched under Volkswagen’s SUV offensive strategy and suits the needs of every Indian customer. It is premium, roomy, versatile, highly functional that #FitsAll. It is equipped with a powerful 2.0l TSI engine and is mated to a 7-speed DSG 4MOTION transmission, which enhances the driving comfort for the customer while being fuel efficient in nature. We’re extremely confident that the sophisticated 7-seater Tiguan Allspace will be a winner among many Indian customers.”
Some of the features:
• Digital Cockpit: In the Active Info Display, the analogue dial gauges are shown only virtually. Drivers have access to a customized information display that shows additional data on driving dynamics, vehicle status, infotainment and assist functions in the centre area of the speedometer and rev counter.
• Connectivity: The vehicle features AppConnect, which uses MirrorLink™, CarPlay™ (Apple) or Android Auto™ (Google) to link all common smartphone types to the vehicle's infotainment systems.
• Park Assist: The Park Assist function measures spaces on the side of the street while you drive past. If it finds a suitable parallel or perpendicular space, it takes over the steering to maneuver the vehicle into the spot.
• Airbags: The Tiguan Allspace comprises of 7-airbags and provides the best possible protection in the event any impact
• Electronic stability Programme (ESP): Prevent the vehicle from being destabilized in extreme conditions
• Anti-lock braking system (ABS): Prevents wheel block and, thus, maintains maneuverability
• Electronic differential lock (EDL): Distributes the engine power to the wheels as required
• Seat belt warning: If the seat belt is not fastened, the seat belt warning reminds the driver and occupants to fasten the belt with a visual warning and an acoustic warning after setting off
• ISOFIX: It is an international standard designed to ensure children's car seats are installed easily and safely
• Tyre Pressure Monitoring: Provides tyre pressure information through instrument panel in the Dashboard from sensors on each wheel