Schaeffler India displays locally developed products at IREE 2019
Developing pre-lubricated, high axle load carrying class K rail journal bearings for faster and high capacity freight delivery, in line with current industry trends.
Schaeffler India is focused towards supporting railway modernization and today showcased a range of products for the changing needs and high capacity demands of the country’s railway industry. The company displayed both locally manufactured and imported range of products, including future technologies enabling urban mobility at the IREE 2019.
Locally developed products
New generation Tapered Roller Bearing Units i.e. TAROL bearings for passenger coaches
TAROL bearings ‘i.e. Tapered Roller Bearing Units which are used as wheelset bearings support rail vehicles such as goods, carriage and passenger coaches.
• Manufactured with complete precision, Schaeffler India’s state of the art TAROL bearings are double row tapered roller bearing units that are supplied with factory set clearance, greased and sealed.
• The bearings, which are optimized to provide a shorter mounting time and lower frictional torque, are available in standardized shaft journals on rail vehicles, as well as customized dimensions on request.
• Customer specific components, spare parts and housing adapters also available.
Axlebox housings and adapters for metro cars
Schaeffler also manufactures and supplies axle box Housings (wherein the wheelset bearings sit) for safe transfer of load between bogie frames and wheel axle.
Made out of spheroidal graphite cast iron, cast steel or light cast metal, the design of the housing is individually adapted to the adjacent construction to provide correct shape and optimum design, thereby ensuring optimum pressure distribution in the bearings and reduced stress in the load bearing contact surfaces.
In addition, Schaeffler is developing pre-lubricated, high axle load Capacity Class ‘K’ freight car journal bearings for faster and high capacity freight delivery, in line with current industry trends.
• Next generation Class K Rail Journal bearings to support the railway industry’s higher freight car capacity requirements and meet the demands of faster and heavier freight delivery.
• Pre-lubricated bearings supporting high axle loads upto32.5 Tonnes to support the increased trade demand.
Range of solutions under Services offering
While reliability and cost effectiveness remain the primary requirements for rail vehicle components, the range of potential optimizations is ever growing. In addition to design enhancements to proven solutions, Schaeffler is also addressing the needs of functional integration, digitalization and services throughout the entire product lifecycle and displayed a broad range of solutions including products and condition monitoring services at IREE 2019. Reconditioning of railway bearings to extend service life is a key new initiative under the Services portfolio.
With focus on providing homegrown bearing solutions and systems tailormade for the Indian railways market, Schaeffler India is continuously investing in line with Make in India initiatives while taking advantage of its global expertise and range of products. Schaeffler remains committed to provide complete end to end next generation solutions for the railways and meet the increased trade and passenger demands.