Nilkamal has turned the material handling industry with combilift
Customer: JCB India Ltd, Jaipur plant, Faridabad headquarters
Industry: Construction equipment manufacturer
Products: Backhoe loaders, compactors, generators, loadalls, skid steers loaders, tracked excavators, and wheeled loaders.
Problem Statement: JCB is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of earth-moving equipment. They use 4×2 metre steel plates weighing 5-6 tonnes to manufacture their products. Bundles of steel plates are stored in a shed for protection, and moved to the production area using customised 6-8 tonne counter-balanced diesel forklift trucks. While the initial investment for these trucks is low, the total annual maintenance costs, breakdowns and production losses, and damages to the steel sheets due to poor handling are high. These trucks require a lot of space to carry and steer the long loads. Most importantly, lifting such long and heavy loads is not safe.
Solution & Advantages: The Nilkamal MMSS team carefully studied the application, and teamed up with the Combilift team to offer the Combilift C8000 diesel truck with a 4.5 metre lift height.
The advantages of the Combilift trucks are
1. The Combilift truck can safely move the sheets with fewer damages from the storage shed to the production area.
2. The Combilift truck can navigate and turn in minimum space. This has freed the storage area without any additional investments.
3. Breakdowns and maintenance costs have significantly decreased for the company.
4. The equipment can safely and easily navigate in narrow spaces and around tight corners. This has increased the operator’s confidence to drive & lift quickly, thus improving labour productivity and throughput.
The Combilift Multi-Directional Forklift can also be used by:
1. Earth moving equipment manufacturers
2. Commercial vehicle, truck, & bus manufacturers
3. Elevator manufacturers
*Application images used are only for representation purpose.