DuPont displays innovative water solutions at IFAT
Technologies and solutions encourage water reuse and help make India water positive
Optimising industrial wastewater treatment processes and reducing water consumption are some of the biggest challenges faced by industries in India. DuPont Water Solutions featured its broad portfolio of water treatment technologies and solutions at IFAT in Mumbai.
“Over the last several years of our presence in India, we have partnered with customers and suppliers to provide innovative technologies that have helped optimise cost and energy requirements of treating water, thus contributing to the United Nations’ 2030 Sustainable Development Goals for different industries. As India continues to see strong economic growth, lifestyle changes and an increasing demand for clean water, we remain committed to providing our extensive expertise and broad portfolio of water treatment applications to the market. This way we’ll help address the water challenges and make India water positive,” said HP Nanda, Vice President & General Manager, DuPont Water Solutions.
Some of the featured DuPont technologies on display were:
• AMBERLITE™ Ion Exchange Resin (IER) portfolio: Ion exchange (IX) is the reversible interchange of ions between a solid and a liquid such as water. Ion exchange resins remove harmful contaminants from liquids, replacing them with beneficial, desired ions. Ion exchange is used in water treatment, including water softening, industrial demineralisation, condensate polishing, ultrapure water production, and wastewater treatment. Continuing to provide a trusted to grow industry-leading portfolio and deliver simplified offering, our stronger AMBERLITE™ Ion Exchange Resin portfolio encompasses five classes of products with new breakthrough technology
• The Ultrafiltration (UF): Ultrafiltration (UF) is a pressure-driven purification process that separates particulate matter from soluble compounds using an ultrafine membrane media. Ultrafiltration is an excellent separation technology for desalination pretreatment, reverse osmosis pretreatment, and wastewater reclamation, as well as for producing potable water.
• FILMTEC portfolio: FILMTEC portfolio consists of separation-technology products that are highly effective in industrial, municipal, commercial and consumer water applications. Leveraging proven and highly effective technologies, such as reverse osmosis (RO) and nanofiltration (NF), FILMTEC products reject more dissolved solids and organics and use less energy to produce permeate than typical elements. From use in brackish water purification to specialty separations, elements in the FILMTEC portfolio achieve high, yet cost-effective, performance through their ability to tolerate, operate very efficiently at lower pressures, maintain excellent structural and pH stability, resist bacterial growth, produce excellent membrane flux and salt rejection.
• FILMTEC FORTILIFE: FILMTEC FORTILIFE product family is designed for plants and facilities that need an industry-leading nanofiltration (NF) and reverse osmosis (RO) water treatment that’s reliable, easy to clean, and that would benefit from a durable, robust membrane. FILMTEC FORTILIFE reverse osmosis (RO) and nanofiltration (NF) elements can help you reduce water costs and lower operating expenses, achieve sustainability goals, minimise biofouling problems, move toward minimal liquid discharge (MLD).
• FILMTEC™ FORTILIFE XC70: The FILMTEC FORTILIFE product line offers industrial users a reliable and highly efficient option to help solve their most difficult water challenges, such as wastewater reuse and Minimal Liquid Discharge (MLD). The ability to achieve reject Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) level > 70,000 ppm within standard reverse osmosis (RO) operating limits, helping maximise the RO recovery rate, improved fouling resistance and cleaning efficiency through careful module design, slower permeate flow rate decline enabled by a highly fouling-resistant membrane, robust membrane and reliable long-term performance. The wide pH range for cleaning (1 – 13) allows effective cleanings in severe fouling, consistent overall permeate quality to address customer requirement over an element’s life, support from highly specialised and experienced technical experts. These industry-leading benefits result from a distinct combination of high salt rejection, fouling resistant, robust membrane, easy-to-clean, low pressure drop module construction. An oxidative-free membrane manufacturing process.
FILMTEC SW30XFR–400/34: FILMTEC™ SW30XFR–400/34 Extra Element Fouling-Resistant Seawater Reverse Osmosis Element. DuPont Water Solutions offers various premium seawater Reverse Osmosis (RO) elements designed to improve system uptime and plant reliability which ultimately translate to lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). FILMTEC™ SW30XFR–400/34 elements are designed specifically to handle biofouling in seawater desalination plants. Elements are equipped with advanced fouling-resistant and cleanability features, helping plants reduce the number of chemical cleanings, while maintaining high rejection and low energy.